So he really loved my response and that reply definitely got us back in the running for the job. But in the end I had to withdraw our bid because there was some other work he wanted done that I just didn't want to do. I could have handled the patio part. But he also really wanted a brick masonry seat wall and brick masonry fire pit. We just don't do brick masonry at all. I could have subbed that portion of the job out. But he was almost at the decision making process and it was pretty late in the game to go contact the brick mason, get a quote from him, then revise my proposal.... so I just let it go. I told him that if he was really sold on that work being done brick masonry style we'd probably have to pass. I'm at the point where we're doing all sorts of jobs every week anyway. It's not like we really needed this job, although it would have been a nice one. And although we do handle jobs where we have to sub out part of the work, I just prefer not to. I'd rather take on jobs where we could do the entire project in-house. I hate waiting for subs to finish their work, holding up the job, holding up the payment, overages, reconciling things when they under-estimate, all that crap. We're doing a job right now that should have taken just 3 weeks and it's taken 9 weeks all because of one slow sub-contractor. I am just sick of doing jobs like that. So I respectfully withdrew our bid for this one. There is really good news though! These people have a lot of money. They dropped $9K on just a nice outdoor lighting system with us already this year. And he said after the patio is done, they want US to do their new driveway, in pavers. And that's a REALLY big job. Like 2-3x the size of what the patio would have been. So he sounds like he's sold on us doing that, at least. I may have lost a decent sized job. But it sounds like in the end I'll get an even larger one.