How would you bid this complex?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassdoctor, Mar 1, 2005.

1. grassdoctor

grassdoctor LawnSite Member

Just to compare notes I am bidding on an apartment complex. It is 187000 sq ft of cuttable turf it has 8 pretty large buildings. would take probably 15 minutes to trim each building another 15 minutes to blow each building. (rough estimate) and and hour or 2 to trim the parimeter and around the garages.

Thanks

Troy

2. topcat

topcat LawnSite Member
    from Bflo

Looks at least like 10 manhours of work.

3. jgtxusa

jgtxusa LawnSite Member

I agree exactly with topcat. We have a few properties similiar to that and 10 manhours would be about right. I would go with 10-12 to be safe. Bid your cost per hour and look at what you want to net. If you would like to know more on how I usually look at these, holler at me and I will tell you what I usually go on hourly. It may be quite different in your area, but it might help.

4. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

With the mowers you list, I would think 9 hours on a good day, 10 most of the time. Apartments are a pita. Always lots of trash to pick up, and parked cars hanging over the grass. If I was looking for work I would go $380.00 a visit. 23 visits our season. If it is more a high end place, and or I really did not need it. $450.00. Troy I see you posted allot of other pricing questions. Meet the rest of us at breakfast Saturday. I'm sure the guys will help you out. PR