1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How would you bid this

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snoweagle, Apr 11, 2001.

1. snoweagle

snoweagle LawnSite Member
    from N.W Mn

First off Thanks to all for all the good info that I have read in these threads.

I have a cpa that I blow snow for in the winter and he wants me to come out every 2 or 3 weeks to trim down the grass that pops up in his parking lot. The lot is all gravel and only has a few blades of grass that pop up in it, it shoild only take about 15 min to do with a trimmer. What would you bid, for pulling your trimmer off the trailer?

Thanks for any help you can give!
  2. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

If you just knock it down with a trimmer it will just keep coming back and spreading.I would hit it with Round-Up if you are allowed too,or tell the customer to do it.Save yourself some time and him some money.
  3. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

$200 and hit it with a soil sterilant. That will take care of it for at least a year. Just make sure you get no drift or runoff.
  4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I would charge them 1.5 (x) the time it takes you to complete this job. You will obviously be limited to after hours or weekends so make sure that you are compensated for the extra off-duty time you spend to complete the task at hand.

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Have a minimum set charge and stay with it. You have travel time, equipment, gas, insurance, and of course, the actual time to trim the grass. Oh ya did I say, profit also?

If you don't want the extra money then tell the guy to spray round-up on it unless of course you are a certified applicator.

Figure out your costs and add some profit, its certainly can be more of a pain than its worth but its easier to do when you put a little green in your pocket. Good Luck.