How would you design this system?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by rhino9, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I'm missing something; are there hose bibs at the islands now?

2. rhino9

rhino9 LawnSite Member

Sorry but there is nothing at the islands yet. I am starting from scratch. I need to run a hose from inside the wash to each island.

3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Where in Bryan are you at? I used to live on 2818 and Villa Maria. Give Jim a call with Landscape Traditions and he will take care of you. Don't run a hose to each island... you need to go under the pavement with pipes and go from there.

I would say either do it right... or keep watering by hand.

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Words to live by.

5. EagleLandscape

rhino...

thinking more about your questions. I would fill in those islands with Bull Rock. it's very common in the BCS area, and looks great. Maybe add some Texas Sage, Red Yuccas in the islands. No need to irrigate those plants after a month of initial establishment of watering by hand. You will get the exact look you want (beauty), and eliminate the need to mow the grass (labor your guys could be washing cars).

It should have a great ROI, and look ALOT NICER than turf (weeds). Soil in the BCS area is extremely deflocculated due to the hi pH and lots of salts in the water. (aka, bad quality water for irrigation). Irrigate as little as possible, or you will end up killing the plants more than likely.

6. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Senior Member

somwhere in the distance, a kiril sheds a tear of joy as the student now becomes the teacher.

7. EagleLandscape

common sense and environmental responsibility will keep you busy:). Not to toot my own horn, but just by explaining "hydrozones" to a customer, we were able to land a 20 zone job to a customer when the other contract was $5,000 cheaper. 20k vs 15k.

confidence breathes success. If you are "the best" you indirectly show that to the customer, and they are yours for life. Just ask Peter. He is the best, and his customers know it.

Lush turf and tons of flowers is not always the best thing. If I could eliminate all the turf on my 1AC. lot I would. It just wouldnt look right. However I am putting in a 1000 sq ft bed on my side yard since I found a way to add more perennials and low water usage grasses. makes me happy to get rid of that stupid turf...

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I broke down when I read it. It took me nearly a full day to recover.