how would you go about this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, May 27, 2008.

?

what would you do and why?

1. go about business as usual and show up and cut without contacting the customer

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. contact the customer and say you will be late.

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. contact the customer and offer a discount.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. contact the customer and offer to do it for free.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

if you were set to cut the day's schedule and your truck or mower or something broke down and you could not get to them for 2 days. what would you do?

2. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

Are you in this situation or is this like a what if kinda thing?

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

4. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

hypothetical question.

5. gorknoids

gorknoids LawnSite Senior Member

If they absolutely, positively had to have the job done on a certain day, I would call them. However, we is peoples too, so if they have a real issue with not having the service performed on the agreed-upon day, give them 2 week's notice. I contracted Lyme Disease last year and had to re-arrange the schedules for about a month. Sympathy Factor notwithstanding, the client should be willing to accept that there are things out of our control which may effect their service. If they can't, find someone who will.
    2 days is not a show-stopper.

6. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

Well, i'm not exactly sure what kind of business you are running, but I have been in this situation and I just call the customers whose grass would have been mowed on that given day, explain the situation, and they are almost always completely understanding. I am not running a huge business, so when I go out of town or something I do all of my lawns in the two or three days before I leave, and then again when I return.

7. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Rent the vehicle/equipment needed to complete the schedule no more than a few hours late, no calls needed.

8. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i dont have a set day for anyone so as long as they get cut before it gets out of control there has never been a problem.