How would you handle this???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chimmygew, Apr 18, 2005.

1. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

Had a customer call Saturday morning. Hello this is so & so. I said how are you doing she said well I am mad over your mowing. I asked why? She said that my guys knocked on the door last Monday and her daughter answered it and told them she wasn't there she was in California and they went ahead and mowed anyway. Talked to my guys and they said no-one came to the door when they knocked. I told her she was on the route for that day and she did not have to be home in order for us to mow. She said she did not give us permission to mow. I told her we talked a month or so ago when she hired me and she told me to cut it when it was ready. My wife was even with me and I told her my wife remembered the conversation also. This is what really honked my horn. She said she (my wife) is only saying that cuase she is my wife. I told her to find someone else and to not call my wife or me a liar and I would be by to collect and she said she wasn't paying. She also stated she did not want anyone there while she was in California cause her daughters were home alone. CLICK. First of all your worried about people coming over while your gone and yet you leave them home for A MONTH. They are both in their twenties. Tell them to pop their lips from your nipples for god's sake. Anyway, what would you guys do or would have done different?
  2. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

well about 3am I would back up their driveway and dump my load of grass clippings and other debris
  3. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't worry about it. She sounds like another craphole.
  4. BobcatZT

BobcatZT LawnSite Member

I like your idea! :cool2:
  5. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

How do any of yous run a company with thinking of doing things like this . i guess I'm just so negative .
  6. greywynd

greywynd LawnSite Member

If she was going/gone for a month, and she didn't want anyone there, was the grass supposed to cut itself?
  7. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I'd send her a lein letter. Do a search.....

That would definitely wake them up and make them pay.
  8. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

This sounds like one I had this year. Tell who you had a agreement and she must pay. It will stand up in court.