How would you have repaired this?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mikegyver, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Ignore my nasty glue joints, I was underneath a holly bush with snow falling during this repair, I wasn't worried about looks at that point.
    How would you have repaired this? The LH pipe came in at an angle into the T, and the RH pipe was seated fairly well. I didn't have any 22.5 fittings on the truck so I did this. The reason for repair was that the LH pipe popped out, it was never glued :hammerhead:. The head is now at a slight angle due to the fact that I had to raise it to do the 2 90s. I will go back and add a swing joint to keep it from breaking that saddle. This was one of my more difficult repairs lately due to the roots on one side and the concrete on the other. all the piping on this zone is laid right up against the concrete.
    Thoughts???
    [​IMG]

2. shane772

shane772 LawnSite Member

Not sure what you could've done differently.

3. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

I would have laid the tee on it's side and used a triple swing joint on the head which would allow you to position the head correctly and at grade. Other than that it looks legit.

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

same here, but I would use funny pipe. good job.

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. If doing heads on a swing joint or from swing pipe, I prefer the tee fitting to be on its side. Same with poly fittings.

6. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

Instead of 2 regular 90s you could have used a regular and a street 90, it would have kept the head a little lower.

7. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

My thoughts exactly. Also, that looks like an old style 570. Never liked them. That one looks old enough to have a worn wiper seal. Would have replaced it with a new one.

8. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

If you dig up that much. for a couple bucks that head is getting replaced.

9. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Honestly I was getting snowed on and was trying to get done. I have to put a SJ on that head anyways so will dig it back up and put new one on. We will be back on this project.

10. Dirt Boy

Dirt Boy LawnSite Senior Member

Flexible PVC would be ideal for this situation.
    Forget who makes it, but see it advertised.