How Would You Like John Deere to Come to LawnSite?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC, Jan 10, 2005.

?

Would you like John Deere to become a sponsor of this site?

1. Yes!

281 vote(s)
    78.5%
  2. No!

77 vote(s)
    21.5%
  1. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Ok LawnSite members, I'm at it again. As some of you may or may not have known, I helped make a change to LawnSite over the summer. I posed a question about posting videos on Lawnsite. The response was very good and it is now a feature of this site.

Well I've got an idea again. As many of you know I'm a Deere Fan. I have had great experience with their products and customer service. I believe they build a great product and have excellent customer support. Although not all members are fans of deere equipment, but hey not everyone likes Exmark or some of the other brands/Sponsors. I think a lot of it has to do with lack of knowledge or experience with different brands and equipment that cause members to be bias toward one brand or another. As we all know we can always learn something and I believe having John Deere as another sponsor of this great site could only be a good thing. Not only have they been in this business for as long as they have, but they stand behind their products which is what the consumer needs.

John Deere not only manufactures commercial mowers, but they also have a variety of skids, golf course equip, agricultural equip, and power equipment. The addition of them as a sponsor could only help all of LawnSite, not just the commercial lawn care part.

I have taken it upon myself to email John Deere about possibly sponsoring this site.

Like any new feature there has to be positive support for it to happen.
    So how about it LCOs and other green industry members, would you like John Deere to become a sponsor of this site?

2. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

love the big green, bring em on, :blob3: :cool2:
    steve

3. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

i coulnd't care less for John Deere. You pay more for the paint. I'd never buy anything that they make. Give me an exmark any day.

4. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Any reason for your statement? Have you used any John Deere Products? If your going to say no then please include your reasoning. Thanks

5. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

my deere ztr can hold a slope better than anything out there, love that low center of gravity, i check out most, handling & that 9 iron deck sold me, what a nice cut, just wish they had a stripper for the 54"deck. :p

6. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We will never buy another John Deere mower we have had a bad experience. We bought a JX85 commercial walkbehind mower a few years back and had nothing but problems. The carburetor would load up and it would only run for a few minutes at a time, so we took it back to the dealer and they said to use a coffee filter to filter the gas before each filling of the tank. We used the same gas on our Toro 21 and never had a problem. They also had to put a new deck on the mower because a piece of metal that held the grass shoot on broke. We sold the mower about six months later and only lost about $300. We might have use the mower for 30 hours before we sold it. It stayed in the shop more than it did in the field.

7. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Must have been the KAWASAKI engine on it, John Deere has nothing to do with the engine except installation.

I haven't had a lick of trouble out of my GT-235 except the carburetor which was not even a JD part, it was a Dahaitsu. I've never had a John Deere let me down.

8. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I think its a great idea! Bring em on!

9. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

No. Search my threads. Either for John Deere, under skid-steers, or my name. I won't waste my time stating my reasons again. They will NEVER see a penny from me or anyone I can persuade otherwise as well. Their POS skid-steer allowed me to loose 10K in two years. That means I had to get rid of the turd after 300 hours only because it was the most unreliable piece of junk I have ever bought. A machine that should have lasted ten years so that a business could actually get their use out of it. Not buy it, then have to turn around two years later and sell it for a ten G loss. Thanks Deere! Your dealers are a-holes, your regional and district reps are a-holes, and your product is junk.

Any other questions?

Please feel free to forward my thread to them as well.

Of course they didn't stand behind it then, so why would they care now.

10. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealer is great, they bent over backwards to make sure I was happy with my GT-235. When the carb went out on it, they took care of it in less than a day.

By the way, I'm sure this won't mean anything to you, but our 1976 John Deere 4230 Quad Range diesel at the farm is approaching 15,000 hours and it's never had a lick of trouble except for flat tires.