how would you mow this

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikeshere89, Apr 25, 2003.

1. mikeshere89

mikeshere89 LawnSite Member
    from iowa

this is how i mow this hill, i think going with the sidewalk doesnt make it look as good, it is hard to keep a straight line as you can see, i am using a exmark metro belt drive fixed deck. any ideas?

me 008.jpg

2. stang358

stang358 LawnSite Member

I think the way that you are cutting it looks good. Maybe try cutting it at 45* angles from what you are cutting it now. That way you are not going to be leaving ruts from running in the same tracks all season.

3. mikeshere89

mikeshere89 LawnSite Member
    from iowa

ill try that thanx stang

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That looks great to me. I also think that changing the angle as suggested previously will work just fine.

Gravely_Man

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Mow it any direction you want but with a belt drive I don't think it would do as good going with the sidewalk as you say because it doesn't track good sideways on hills and the sidewalk is curved. I'd go any direction on it with my hydro. Looks good though.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Are those lines NOT straight with the house, or is that just an optical illusion? If they aren't, STRAIGHTEN it! ALWAYS go to the structure. Not a walk, not a back fenceline, not a property line. The HOUSE! This will be kind of tricky to do, now that you have such definitive stripes established, but those will go away if you straighten the pattern. This will allow you to go straight across the other way to the house. (lengthwise) and then you can set a good 45 in there for aesthetics. Looks great, though!:D

7. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Looks good to me.

I'd mow that in a New York minute.

8. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd mow it the same way you are..

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Nothing Wrong With That!!!!!!!

10. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

looks better than my stripes.your doing a great job don't worry about your work