how would YOU PAY, cash or check?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Dec 12, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

you call a plumber. he comes. he says to do the job will be $300 if you pay by cash, or $350+tax($371 total) if you pay by check. would you choose the cash option, or the check option?

2. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

cash,bobby,cash

3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it would be kind of ballzy for a service company doing any type of service to even tell you that you can get it cheeper if you pay cash. He does not even know if you are someone who works for the irs or something like that. I would only pay with a check, credit card and a receipt, because that is the only form of payment that I accept for my business.

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

71 bux buys a few silver bullets lol

5. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

what's the rate for a CASHiers check?? :p

6. cutnedge

cutnedge LawnSite Member

or a nice wager on the daily double. payup

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Do I still get a receipt if I pay cash? I would be leaning towards cash.

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i'm sure he'd give you a scribbled reciept on the back of a page from the racing form, umm, i uh, mean a paper bag or something.

9. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

the day before thanksgiving we had to have work done on the water line and they told us that if we paid cash we could save $100. So we paid and saved and still got a receipt. If he reports that as income is his business, mine was saving as much as i could.

10. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

I would pay cash and get a cash receipt. Why is it "ballzy" to offer a cash discount. What if the plumber doesn't have any money in the bank and knows that the bank will place a hold on the check. In order to avoid the hassle he offers a cash discount. It is not illegal.