How would you price this job???

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by GreaterMilwLawnscape, Jan 4, 2003.

1. GreaterMilwLawnscape

GreaterMilwLawnscape LawnSite Member

Heres a retaining wall a recently put in? I know i got screwed but let me know how much you would charge?? THANK YOU
  2. GreaterMilwLawnscape

3. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

The slide show slides a little too quickly, from the glempses I saw, it looked like you did a good job.
  4. kermit

kermit LawnSite Member

5. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

After the picture loads click the pause button,then click play to resume.
  6. GreaterMilwLawnscape

1500-2000 plus materials?? or that includes materials
  7. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Not including removal of old wall, approx $7.00 per block and $10.00 per cap piece installed. Can't tell exactly how much mats you used.

8. Acorn

Acorn LawnSite Member

pricing varies per region (country) but around here it should go for around $25-$30 +tax a sq foot face of the wall. mat + lab included
  9. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Are you talking about all the retaining walls? If so $2000.00 would barely cover the cost of the material, let alone the labour. Is this your place or is it a customers home? To make any kind of money (depending on quality of job of course) you will need to charge approx. 3 times the blocks worth. Employees, base materials, glue for cap stones, fuel......the list goes on.
  10. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

Couple of questions,a nd an observation. How high and how long? Do you want a price for both sides? Did you use 4"x12" blocks? Obs, why did you make that one side a double wall or why did you make the tiers so close? Lokks like its about 32" high but I need a length. Otherwise, $20 a sq. foot for this type of wall.