How would you set up trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Outback Designz, Apr 10, 2003.

1. Outback Designz

Outback Designz LawnSite Member

Ok guys, I was offered a job with city fire dept. I am either going to downsize or look for someone to help with lawns while I am on shift. Now on with question. Since I have new job that will work good with my lawncare business I will be doing both. Moving into house with garage so, I will be looking to get smaller trailer, 12 ft tandem, have 16 big tex tandem now. 12ft will fit into the avg garage around here, were 16ft won't. Want to keep locked away while on shift. Was thinking of 12ft big tex rear gate w/gate assist, add side gate and L shape box on rail for storage. Have spare mounted under tongue and trimmer trap for sthil and such. How does that sound? Left anything out that would be of use? Thx. Kevin

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Why not consider an enclosed trailer. Keeps the equipment locked up and out of the weather when you're not using it. Frees up your garage for other things. Rolling billboard when you get the extra $$ to get some graphics on it. Provides some shade for you on the hottest day's.

The only disadvantage is the price.

3. Outback Designz

Outback Designz LawnSite Member

Yes, the enclosed trailer sounds like a good option. Two questons though. How do you lock trailer to stop somebody from driving off with it and where would I put mulch?

4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

My trailer came with a tongue lock. It goes in place of the ball and completely closes off the area where you would put the hitch ball.

I don't haul mulch. Sorry.