How

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LakeCoach, Jul 13, 2005.

1. LakeCoach

LakeCoach LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

How do you start a mowing business???

2. Miller Rules

Miller Rules LawnSite Member

One stip at a time.

3. DavesLawnCarePlus

DavesLawnCarePlus LawnSite Member

The first thing you do to start a mowing business is take atleast a few months to READ all that you can from guys who already know what they are doing. This is how I started out after having spent all winter and spring reading up on everything I could. Step two would have to be saving a bunch of money, because depending on how you intend to start out, it could be a while before cash starts coming in. Generally, the bigger the customer, the longer they take to process your bill and remit payment. It's just the way that business works, so have lots of cash for business and living expenses. After you have convered all your bases by gaining as much information as possible, and saving up all the money you can, you can begin to look for customers. I say to find customers first because you'll get an idea of if your business Idea will work or not, and also of the size and type of equipment you'll need. You can find all kinds of info on buying equipment on this site, you'll need to register your company,get insurance, advertise... and then sometime next year, you'll be mowing and making money. If you rush into this business you'll lose your shirt. It's competetive and you need to learn about what you'll be doing first... Read first. Mow later.

Good Luck.

Dave

4. smellthemoney

smellthemoney LawnSite Member

Go to the library. Check out some books on running a business. Doesn't cost you a dime. If you find a book you like, then buy it. Like the post above. Need to do some research. Good luck.

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

That is really good advice, do what he said.