Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by LFalcon426, Sep 7, 2007.

1. LFalcon426

LFalcon426 LawnSite Member

Trying to bring in more commercial accounts for the company. I landed two just by driving by and noticing the grass was tall at a shopping complex and a church and called the office, gave the bid, signed contract. What I can't figure out is how a company out here has contracts with almost every business and restaurant out here. I literally see him and his crew at every restaurant, the funeral home, the gas stations, doctor's offices all along the main road. Right now I'm contacting every property management company out here to be placed on their vendor list. What else do I need to do to get these commercial accounts?
  2. steve5966

steve5966 LawnSite Member

Knock on doors and ask if you can bid their lawn care. It sounds simple and it really is. In this part of the country most contracts are signed in the winter. Keep notes about all your contacts, who takes the bids and when they take them so you can return at the right time to bid. Always thank them for their time, no only means no this year.
  3. steve5966

steve5966 LawnSite Member

Property Management companies can be a real pain to deal with. Most are looking to keep costs down and maximize their own profit. Make sure your contract spells out everything and stick to it. Give away a small freebie and they will expect it all the time.