1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Howard Price Mower???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnTamer, Apr 5, 2008.

1. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Anyone familiar with this mower?
    It is a Howard Price 52" Hydro w/ a 17 Kawasaki, I've never seen one before. Are they any good?
    howard price.jpg

howard price.jpg
  2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i only know that thery are called over priced here jokingly. they at lesat at one time were way out there with the price for an ok mower
  3. desii

desii LawnSite Member

Yeah, I had a couple of that exact model many, many years ago. Unless there's a dealer near you (and even if there is), parts are hard to get and can be pricey. They were a good machine back then...the neat thing was, the deck could pivot or be locked into a firm postion. And they also had two "adjustment sticks" to straighten out the travel of the machine right on the control panel. I would compare it to an older Scag with a floating deck...if that helps.

I also had 3 of the 1260 batwing mowers...terrible problem with the multi-ribbed trans belt and many other issues.

Anyway, I prefer Exmark (Turf Tracer) now.
  4. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

I think they went under.
  5. teamgreendude

teamgreendude LawnSite Senior Member

actully they just make golf and sports turf equipment theres one local company that has 2 of there walkbehinds they leave a ok cut but the blades somehow seem to always miss grass so thets why they have to double and tripple cut it sometimes