Howard Price Parts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by captdevo, Mar 7, 2002.

1. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

I've read numerous times that Howard price mowers were hard to get parts for1

If anyone is in need of parts for Howard Price Mowers drop me a line.

I came across a guy that bought an old dealer out and has everything you could ever need for cheap.

Dave

2. StevenRay

StevenRay LawnSite Member

I need to find parts for this mower its a Howard price. this is for a friend

thanks StevenRay

3. StevenRay

StevenRay LawnSite Member

yes i need of parts

4. Howard1260

Howard1260 LawnSite Member

Dave,
    How do I contact the guy with the Howard Price Parts ?

thanks Dave

5. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Just call howard price! By the way could you use another 1260?

6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I doubt that Dave will answer your question, he hasn't been on this site since 2004. I don't know what happened to him, i forgot all about him, used to be on here all the time.

7. Howard1260

Howard1260 LawnSite Member

Monte,
    I would like a 1260 for parts depending on price and location

thanks

8. fireman9

fireman9 LawnSite Member

I was looking at a Turf Blazer 1260 that has a final drive problem (doesn't move) and when searching for parts was told that the Howard Price company has been for sale for some time and may make getting parts difficult. Anyone know if this is true?
    Whats a 1991 Turf Blazer 1260 worth ?
    It has a nice 40hp Yanmar and runs well but, doesn't move under its own power.:confused:

9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I think howard Price stopped production quite some time ago, and has been all but shutdown for several years. Another company was supposed to have bought the rights to produce parts as needed. There is a contact phone number on the old Howard Price website. I would try calling them.

10. fireman9

fireman9 LawnSite Member

I was given the name of Allen Seed Store in Exiter RI. They used to supply replacement parts for the current owner of the machine. I called them and in about 1/2 hour got a call back saying that indeed they can get parts for it. New final drive gear kit $1400.00 new complete transmission $3200.00 Ouch! seems like a lot to invest into an older mower. But I may be able to get it for as little as $200.00 and I do all my own mechanical work so ? :confused: