1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Howard Price...price check?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bunton Guy, Jul 16, 2003.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Our local howard price dealer dropped their line....does anyone have a price for their hydro walk behinds? I loved the fact of their wider grass chutes did anyone find that to help? And pros cons of this mower? Im in the market for a 52" w.b and was going to get another bunton/bobcat but thought I would give howard price a try unless to pricey.
  2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

You might want to steer clear of Howard Price machines. Although they seem to make a sturdy machine, parts are almost impossible to get anywhere in the country. You often can not even get parts from the factory. Several local cities here, and two universities here had many howard price machines for years. All these have dumped the Howard Price machines due to poor parts availability. It was common practice to park a machine and strip it for parts to keep their others running.:(
  3. therainman

therainman LawnSite Member
    from IL

My family has delt with howard for many years. My dad bought his first almost twenty years ago. for a long time they were great to work with. They always were on the top of their game for service. We are only about an hour and a half from Chesterfield MO. where they are built. Somewhere around '93 they started slipping a little. Had 2 1280 hydro sitting through the flood. No parts anywhere in US to fix them. Also heard they lost a lot of money trying to build a gator type vehicle. Every thing I hear now is bad. Good machine bad service, no parts avail. just my .02