Howard Price Turf Blazer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by accuratelawn, Mar 5, 2003.

1. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know about this mower? Specs etc. Looks to be an 80 ZTR. Like a 60" with a wing like a Great Dane gateway or a deck with a flex deck attached.

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

My local Howard Price dealer had their open house last week. I went just to see this new unit. I was told that they haven't been able to get one yet. I got a sales flyer from Howard Price on the unit and it states a 25 HP Kawasaki. I belive the the mower is the same 360Z with a 20" flexible wing deck. The wing is made permanet onto the 60" deck. It folds up for transport, floats up 20 deg and down 12 deg..The salesman said that the 60" deck would not operate if the wing was up. I think it needs more than a 25 HP for power.

Gene

3. I use to use howard price years ago.I found myself always fixing something.Plus parts back then were hard to come by.When I demo the blazer last july at the expo.I was not impress.Machine rattled and was not smooth.Now it could have been just that one machine.But there booth at the expo only had 1 person in it .They seem to be lost into the shuffle sort of speak.Quality of cut is very good.Hope this helps

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

The parts situation is no better. In fact, it may be worse. Our City Parks Dept. had a whole fleet of various Howard Price machines. Due to various problems with them, mainly no parts, they started selling one or two at auction each year and replacing them with Toros or Grasshoppers. Last year, they had to pull the 3 H.P.'s out of the auction so they can strip them for parts to keep their last two running another year.:(

5. Awilkinson

Awilkinson LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

It does seem to be extremely underpowered! It also only rates for a productivity of 6.8??? an hour. seems slow for as wide as you are mowing, I can almost get that out of a 60".:angel:

6. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I just tried one out with the yanmar engine all I can say is it is a quality machine. the stripping is kind of funny but the thing has the power. And after using it for a little while getting use to it so I can make a full path with the deck it is pretty productive.