How'd they do that?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jsr2741, Feb 19, 2004.

1. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Just got a mailer from local fertilizer company with a preprinted price quote on my lawn. How'd they do that.

Is there some place that list the lot size of subdivisions. Usually I just get a flyer on the door with a handwritten estimate.

2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmm... I know here where I live there is a website that you can go to and pull up peoples information such as their house price, house picture, and maybe even their property size... not sure though.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup, there is a place for the lot size, but I am not sure about the house size though

4. Dan the mowing man

Dan the mowing man LawnSite Member

where can you obtain lot size information ?

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi JSR2741,

Maybe they are basing the quote on the property value? You can review this site and see if it is helpful.

"Thank you for using Jackson County's Tax Search Web Page.
    You may search for tax information about Individual Personal property or Real Estate property using a Parcel Number, a Name or an Address."

6. jsr2741

I'll have to check into that. Not sure if I've ever seen that on our County government web page.

7. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

I'll bet all your neighbors got the same price. They probably drive up and down every other street or so and take notes on the approxiamate size of yards. I coud do this in many neighborhoods........just call them all 50 dollar yards and you are set. I

Its actually a pretty good marketing strategy. They probably figure what the biggest yard in any given subdivision is and call that the "minimum price" They base all the prices off that amount. If your yard is smaller, you get the screw job.

8. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Go to your county Auditors Web Page All the Info you need is there

9. Dan the mowing man

Dan the mowing man LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info .

10. jsr2741

Checked ours and the info's not there.