1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How'd This Happen....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Apr 24, 2001.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

While starting the Grasshopper at my last lawn (moms house) today, the choke cable broke. No big deal, I just reached back and flipped it by hand. Then when I got finished, I throttled down the engine to disengage the blades. When I pushed the throttle lever back up nothing happened. The mower was still at idle. After a quick inspection I discovered that the throttle cable had just broke. What are the odds of both these cables breaking within 10 minutes of each other. Luckley, my dealer had the cables in stock.
  2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I have the same thing happen-wwhen it rains-it pours-I seem to have no trouble for months-then it all happens at once.Glad to hear you're fixed up already.
  3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I have broken both before, but not with in 10 minutes, more like 10 months. :)
  4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

And it was a Grasshopper. But it was because the wiring harness had caught on fire and burned them :D
  5. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Well, atleast you killed two birds with one stone at the dealer. Making many trips cost $$$!