1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Howd ya like to see your Biz stolen ?

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by A Leaf Above, Jul 9, 2012.

1. A Leaf Above

A Leaf Above LawnSite Member

2. nortonlawncare

nortonlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

wow talk about bold

3. HLM HustlerZ

HLM HustlerZ LawnSite Member

You're not kidding, this had to of take several minutes in the broad daylight. These thieves should be %$&@#?! over and over again.....

4. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

That sucks but there is a reason you should have inland marine insurance and not just General Liability at the very min.

5. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

This is also why when shopping for insurance you should be concerned with wore than what the policy will cost. When I was getting quotes I also requested documentation of payout time frames for major theft, fire to shop, accidents, etc, that could lead to the loss a large per engage of equipment. Something that is crucial in our industry. The policy I have allows me rental coverage of the same or better equipment, while settleing a lose. The rental on small equipment extends one week past the date the insurance payment is made to allow me time to shop for equipment. On large equipment and trucks the rental extends 2 weeks after I receive the insurance payment.

6. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

Good advice.

7. GreenI.A.

Too many guys don't pay attention to that part and think they are fully covered, but then are worried about losing their business when the are waiting 6 weeks to get a check from insurance when they have no equipment to use for work in the mean time

8. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

Who's your insurer?

9. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

My policy renewal is coming up in a couple months.
    I'll be asking some questions.

I learned last summer that a wreck that totals your main/only work truck will cause A LOT of problems. The rest of the equipment isn't hard to imagine either.

10. GreenI.A.

Auto - (trucks and trailers) is with Commerce Insurance, this policy does cover all equipment and tools in the truck, bed, and on/in the trailers at the time of a theft or accident.

GL/Inland Marine - is with The Hartford. This covers anything above and beyond what the auto insurance covers. This policy also covers the rental while waiting for a check from either insurance company.