howdo you load yu bagged grass

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRECISION LC, Sep 22, 2002.

how do you load grass

1. tarp and fling

8 vote(s)
  2. back onto truck/trailer and dump

8 vote(s)
  3. shovel

0 vote(s)
  4. use a vac. system

3 vote(s)

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

what do you use to get your grass on your truc or trailer
  2. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Uhm, dump the catchers in a barrel and tell my worker to go and dump it .....
  3. LMAO

I don't I leave it in the lawn where it should be.
  4. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

With the mowers we use today why would you bag, when you can mulch. This question has been asked numerous times on previous threads, can we please stop beating this horse

,enough is enough .:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  5. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I should have clarified my post to say "when I use catchers", which is actually only in the first and last few weeks of the season ...
    The rest of the time I let it fly ......

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

well, i have some customers that want there yard bagged year round. i dont have a problem with it because i have a walker. but i have recently perchased a 1 ton with a flat bed and i am thinking of buying a billy goat debris loader or just afix a ramp from my trailer to my truck. so this will help me and others,
    thanks for all you help
  7. Tim Canavan

Tim Canavan LawnSite Member
    from Houston

I have this in my maintenance agreements: any bagged grass, leaves or debris will be left on the premisis at an area designated by the owner.
    That pretty much takes care of it. This way I don't have to haul it around all day and then dump it.:cool:
  8. dr grass

dr grass Banned

approximately 90% of my lawns have a dump spot somewhere nearby ( close enough to drive the mower to). if we use the vac. on a lawn with no dump spot, we will throw the debris on a tarp and dump it at the next lawn that has one.

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

It is nutrients created by itself. We mulch it back in.
  10. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

If I bag a yard at all itis put in a clear plastic bag and put on the curb, besides it not my grass so why should I haul it away!