How's 2008 Looking?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DSLND, Jan 15, 2008.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys,

Hope everyone had a great holiday season!

I am actually already starting to line up a lot of work for the 2008 season! I have maintenance contracts flying in my face daily, and spring clean ups are coming in, along with landscape projects, mulch, etc.

I should have most of my maintenance contracts from last year renewed by February 1st. I sent out the renewal in December, along with November Invoices. I have gotten a great response from them, and it's definetly an approach I will use in the future.

We had a very late fall last year, and therefore, a lot of clean ups never started and or finished. So spring clean ups will be big this year!

I should start the year off with about twenty maintenance accounts, about fifteen spring clean ups, and I will be advertising for mulch, bush/hedge trimming, aerating, and light landscape projects.

But the main focus this year is building my reputation, networking, becoming friends with everyone, mainly other landscapers, and doing better in QuickBooks (spending more time in there). But a hard task that will have to be done is staying small. This is the last season without my license, and I'm hoping for 2009 to be THE BEST YET! But 2008 should be good as well!

How's 2008 looking for you?

-Mitch-

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

I've been too busy thinking about snow to think about grass :laugh:. going to get my renewal letters and all that good stuff hopefully sent out by sunday night. Good Luck everybody!!!

3. OhLawnGuy

OhLawnGuy LawnSite Member

Yeah I hear early spring this year lets hope its time to do what we do best...

4. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

So far it's looking very good for this year.

Well over 50% increase over last year at this time.

5. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

so far things are looking good, i'm trying to get all my paper work in order for this year, and then i'm going to start calling my customers to see if they will be useing us again this year. but i'm hopeing to start the season with about 60 lawns.

6. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Things are looking awsome so far. Im only 14 like mitch and ive been doing this for 3 years and yesterday I finally registered and opened a business account so now im legal. This year is going to be awsome, im going to be advertisisng like crazy starting in march. Hoping to have a crew running full time during the week (ya yall may think im crazy but I got great guys [not kids] that work for me now). This year is just going to be awsome and they in 2009 when I get my license im going to be running a crew myself. In 2007 I tripled the size of my business and now in 2008 I want to at least make it 5 times bigger. I hope everyone else is looking forward to a good and profitable season like me.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It's looking like a ... Year!

8. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Looking good. Everyone back plus one more - added a 45 acre county account.