How's business? North Carolina

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by Carolina Cutter, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

I used to be pretty well involved in lawn care services owning and operating my own company. Being younger, I simply moved onto other interests after a couple of years. I did both commercial and residential work and still have my equipment.

Still have the hankering and enjoyment of the outdoors and thought about getting back to work.

How's the business in the NC world now with all the economy changes?

2. Larry Overcash

Larry Overcash LawnSite Member

I have been able to keep what I have, but I haven't been able to get any new accounts. Not as easy as it has been in the past.

3. Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername LawnSite Bronze Member

Business is great! I have plateaued as far as getting new seasonal customers, still have about a call or two a week. I have lost a few this past week due to people mowing their own lawns and such. I wish we would get some rain so it wouldn't be so friggin dusty.

4. GSO LAWNEN4CER

GSO LAWNEN4CER LawnSite Member
    from GSO NC

Guess I'll check in for the NC crowd. A lil more rain would help a bit.Now going to by-weekly plan for customers. Got a hedge job for Thursday thats gonna take about 3hrs,then Fri 2 mowings. Have a new potential customer comming back from Vac next week.She's looking for a yearly contract.

5. grasshog81

grasshog81 LawnSite Member

Hello everyone I am located out In Raeford. I just got back from a deployment and now I m trying to get into the mowing biz. Can anyone guide me on how to land a commercial account? Also how to prepare the proposal to bid on a property? Does anyone have a good template I could use.

6. mcleanlawncare

mcleanlawncare LawnSite Member
    from raleigh

having problems with getting contracts. Any suggestions on advertising?

7. mcleanlawncare

mcleanlawncare LawnSite Member
    from raleigh

I want to increase my clients. any suggestion?