1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How's everyone doing so far?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scag48, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Season is up and running here. I know some of you guys back east got some snow, but for everyone else who's cutting, how is everything so far? I'm finally legal with the state and the feds, my insurance is in effect, and I'm up and running. Given 8 estimates, have 5 lawns so far. Basically haven't advertised at all, no flyers, no signs on the truck, just people stopping me while I've been out cutting for a couple friends. Things are looking pretty good for my first year in a new market. I hope things keep up, I'd like to have 25 accounts by the end of the year so I can quit my restaurant job next spring and go back to cutting full time.
  2. Rizzo

Rizzo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

I am part time and up to 8 residentials with one double apartment complex out for bid still. I mowed 4 of the accounts this week and nearly got frostbite. Ended up wearing carharts and the gloves I use for snowblowing...lol
  3. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

3rd year in biz, first year totally legal and everything is going better than the previous year so far. Steady at only 30 weekly accounts but then combined with clean ups, mulch, landscaping, etc. Im busier than ever. Not to mention being a full time student and living at school but I love the current situation and this year should be alot better than last
  4. Rizzo

Rizzo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

I guess I did have a cleanup and 6 yard mulch job a couple weeks ago when it was 70 degrees...
  5. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

havnt really gotten into the full swing of things yet here. Cleanups are just really getting started this week. Should be getting real busy soon
  6. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr LawnSite Member

Just started Friday with the first yard clean up. It's cold here. Still tho been keeping busy with getting eqipment ready and signing clients.

7. DixieChopper88

DixieChopper88 LawnSite Member

Things going pretty well so far except for it being 30 degrees and having to mow,lol. I have 8 residential yards, advertised in the paper hope it helps. This week i will be bidding on 9 big commercial accounts, this will be my big break hopefully.
  8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Bad.....just look at the weather!!!! lol
  9. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Waiting on the weather to improve.
  10. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

This year has been a total surprise....business is booming....better then I expected.....I was out on Saturday, servicing a new area where I just picked up two homes and ended up doing 17 while I was out, and ended up signing up 11 of them thru the end of the year. If the last month and a half is any indication of how the season is going to be, then I am going to be a happy camper...hope everyone else is doing great....