how's everyone holding up?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Jul 28, 2013.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

This summer has been bad for us, too much rain and to tight of a route leaves most Saturdays for playing catch up.

Oh and the mid 90's every day is getting old too, cant wait for that first cold snap.

But I'm still here and still kicking it.

2. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Summer finally got here. It was WAY TOO NICE to last. Looks like the end of August finally brought the Hot and humid.

Probably should have kept my mouth shut.

3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I dream of a cool evening. This week so far the heat is here but the humidity that usually is present is not so much. That means less rain and more production out of us. I can only hope for a early start to the cool season but I know in all reality this is when we get most of our tropical storm and hurricane activity and it will most likely cause some problems in the not so distant future.

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Today was the most comfortale in the past 3 months. We needed a litte break to let things dry up a bit.

5. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Rained here again today but just small showers. A bit of a cool breeze from the NE most of the day. Cool being 90 or so but I will take it :laugh:

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

You ain't kidding. I wore the same shirt all day. Rain got close a couple times with a few sprinkles, but never let go.

7. mwalz

mwalz LawnSite Bronze Member

Haven't got much rain since end of July up here in STL, I'm lucky if i can cut lawns every other week, money is slow coming in, i pray for rain but it never comes

8. Yea we had a storm from 9:30-12. Very comfortable day as was yesterday. We needed the rain too.

9. Wow...can already feel the change..last 3 days were def hot but way lower humidity...

10. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL last three days I have been soaked with either rain or sweat or a combination of the two.