1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hows next year looking for you landscapers

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by newleaflandscape, Nov 4, 2003.

1. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering how next year is starting to look like for you guys in landscaping only. I looked up this time last year to see how much I had lined up for march and wasnt very happy when I compared it to how much I have coming this march. Just wondering about everyones thoughts for next year. Usually I spend November deciding on buying or selling any equipment for tax purposes. Doesnt look like I am going to be buying much for next year cause the numbers have me a little scared. I blame Bush and our economy but who knows.
  2. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

This was a banner year for me. Last year was not great. Next year looks real good. I do mostly hardscaping and there is such a demand for it that I am not really concerned. I am hoping to hire one additional man next year and run 2 crews. (each crew with 3 men)
  3. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Expecting a record year hopefully. But we will see how it turns out when it gets here.
  4. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Too much work!
  5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Continually growing!!!!!! Next year is starting to take shape as well, but hate to jinx it! Guess I need to thank Bush for the economy.
  6. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

being as i dont landscape now, and i have a landscape crew merging into my company, i think next year with be 100% better.
  7. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

A number of articles I've read about our Green Industry, have predicted strong growth the next 10 years. Baby boomers are getting older and dont have the time to do their own work, people work longer and longer hours, people travel less and fix up their house/landscape more...etc etc. We had a great year this year and next year should be as good or better. And with the economy improving, people will be less concerned about losing their job and will be more prone to spend money on their home...just my opinion
  8. nuchdig

nuchdig LawnSite Member
    from oh

Next year looks better than this year.....same story as the previous three years. sure glad Gore didn't win ( p.s., thank Greenspan for the economy)
  9. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Probly only guys in michigan are feeling it then. With Jenny granholm trying to fix michigans economy there is layoffs and budget cuts every which way. Think people might be scared of spending money. Suppost to have like another 900 million in cuts again come spring. Michigan is probly one of the worst places to be right now.
  10. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

'04 is looking great for us. We added two new services this fall that are really catching on here(Kichler lighting and Hydroseeding). Commercial prospects are overwhelming in the area due to a building boom and influx of students(WVU)into our town. Hoping to do 30-45 % growth next year and hang up the snow removal after this season.Remember,work smarter, not harder...