1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hows our facebook fan/business page lookin??

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by RIprop, Mar 9, 2011.

1. RIprop

RIprop LawnSite Member
    from RI

Just started up a business page on facebook yesterday. In the process of recruiting some "likees". A good way to keep in touch with customers and get the word out on our company. Also a great way to brand our image.

Don't have any pictures up yet.. but what do you think of the layout and FBML Welcome page?

You're welcome to "like" the page if you wish.. always appreciated!

2. kirkmbrown2001

kirkmbrown2001 LawnSite Senior Member

Could you post a link to it?

3. RIprop

RIprop LawnSite Member
    from RI

4. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck with it...I like toying with mine and I've got some work from it. I really like your hangers. Simple and classy.

EDIT- Question- how do you get that neat "welcome" page on your FB page? I don't see where i have that option...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  5. RIprop

RIprop LawnSite Member
    from RI

Thanks. I'm hoping to pull some work from it once I can get a decent collection of work photos and design examples, etc up there. Care to share a link to yours? I'd be interested in checking it out!

Also the door hangers have been a hit so far. Ordered them single-side glossy and they look very clean.. which I'm really all about!

Edit----- Just found it in your signature. Very nice!

6. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks! Yea, pictures are key. I try to post as many "useful" ones as possible...People love pictures of landscape work and it keeps things seasonal and fresh. Great selling tool. I think I found how to do the "welcome page" thru the FB fbml thing...oooof, looks complicated.

7. kirkmbrown2001

kirkmbrown2001 LawnSite Senior Member

I really like the graphics.

I think you should have a "benefit" for linking your page... You really emphasize the "like" button with the million arrows and the *hint *hint but you get sent to the same page once you have liked it. Maybe say, like to receive a free coupon. I hope this makes sense, but if you are going to advertise it really heavily, make sure there is a benefit to liking it. Other than that, I REALLY like it!

Here's MINE! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kirks-Lawn-Care/97115250746?sk=app_4949752878

8. RIprop

RIprop LawnSite Member
    from RI

thanks guys!

PerfectEarth -- yes the FBML thing can be a bit tricky. Trust me I am no expert but by Googling "FBML landing page" I was at least able to create a decent landing page with the company logo which is what i really wanted to stress. You have got a GREAT set of albums going too that is what I'm def going to start working on this season... lots of pictures are sure to come!!

Kirk -- great page! You took the FBML to another level! Not quite sure how to add links and things yet I'm still learning. Kind of fun messing around with it tho. Thanks for the advice and good luck with everything.

9. nr7pro

nr7pro LawnSite Member

@RIprop,
    I gotta say, you've done a great job!
    You're at 14 likes now, not bad when you hit 25
    make sure you get your facebook page username secured.

That way you can use a short link to share with people
    or on your website.

10. cjmoore82

cjmoore82 LawnSite Member