How's our Texans doing?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mike Leary, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

See the hurricane has hit your coast, any problems?

2. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I was wondering that myself... does a hurricane on the coast mean lots of rain in Dallas or not?

Well there's floodin' down in Texas
    All of the telephone lines are down
    Well there's floodin' down in Texas
    All of the telephone lines are down
    And I've been tryin' to call my baby
    Lord and I can't get a single sound...

3. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

No, a hurricane in S Tx doesn't mean much for the more populate areas of the state. Corpus is getting a bunch of rain but you guys have to remember, Tx is as big as 3 or 4 of your dinky little states... :p

Seriously, though, I'm in Houston and we're getting some rain but not enough for me to have the mowing crews stop working. Where it's gone in at is mostly agricultural and ranch land.

4. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

Weather Man was lying to me last night. I worked all day on the North side of Houston, barely any rain at all.

5. No Rush

No Rush LawnSite Member

i'm in the Corpus area and it is pouring down, been raining very hard off and on all day and very windy....

6. LawnMastersTx

LawnMastersTx LawnSite Member

I am up in the Ft. Worth/Dallas area and seen nothing so far. They say we have a 30% chance of rain for Thursday and Friday, but who knows around here with the weather. Its summer time, only thing that you know will happen is it will hit 100 or close to it every day for the next month.

7. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

100 here, no rain till next week for us.

8. Must be a wussy hurricane cuz I didn't hear about it. What did they name it?

9. No Rush

No Rush LawnSite Member

ha ha ha ha......

10. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

A bit of a temperature break in central Texas, only 95* but the humidity is way up and it is making my joints ache. Feels like I have a team of midgets with picks chipping away on my right knee.
    Supposedly a 70% chance of heavy rain tomorrow but I'll believe it when it happens.
    I get more accurate forecasts from my knee and Mrs Cleo than the local weather hacks.