How's the Competition Where You Are?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by TMN Guy, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

There is a few larger companies in my area that have been around for 10 years plus. Every year I see a new guy around but they never last more than year.

2. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

lots of competition.

3. TuffTurfLawnCare

TuffTurfLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Lots of competition around here, but no shortage of work. My area is being built out at a staggering pace with new plans of single family homes that start in the 250's. Most are over 500. I see at least 7 companies with lettered trucks, and dozens un lettered with mowers on trailers or in beds still have no problems getting GOOD clients with plenty of upsells. Im never more than 15 minutes away from home and most clients properties would look great on websites or post cards.

4. getdown

getdown LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

More lawn trailers on the road than regular vehicles... Well... Maybe not...but at every stop light at least one other outfit... Its fierce here.

5. Locqus

Locqus LawnSite Senior Member
    from Detroit

Its pretty decent here in SE Michigan. More open trailers than anything with 60% being the smaller guys (2 trucks and under). The smaller guy can do alright here, how I started out. The more north you get (novi, bloomfield) to the richer side of town the cleaner and bigger the operations are.

6. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Seems like everyone around here disappeared in the last month
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

same here and I have picked up several more customers.

8. shane-pa

shane-pa LawnSite Senior Member

county wide 4500. 2 other legit companies. bunch of other guys with mowers. no lack of work here though.

9. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Alabama

Seen around 7 new ones today never seen before 2 resi units, 1 new kubota commercial, 2 deeres, dixie chopper, and a new rider it's crazy here and to be so small.

10. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Looks like no one has disappeared in Upstate SC. I see big outfits and small ones everywhere I go:dizzy: