How's the season goin' for the rest of ya?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scag48, May 4, 2001.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Hey guys. Just want to see how everyone else is doing so far. I haven't gotten a great start, but better than last year. I went door to door today and yesterday hoping to get some response. I hope I get some, if I don't, I might as well through in the towl. The competition is so tough here and there aren't enough people that need their lawns mowed and there's about 10-15 LCO's in a town of 5,000 people. Luckily, most of them don't do the greatest job ;) and when I start to get more jobs people might notice and switch over. I'm gonna venture a little into landscaping this year, not a whole lot but I'll see what comes up. Well, just checking with everyone else. Hope all of you have good luck on this upcoming season. KEEP IT GREEN!

2. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

Money flowing in !!! (and right back out)

3. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

alot of money coming in my way so far, more than double the sales this april than i did last year. looking to be a better than great year here.

4. My season has been just fine. Started in June of 1985 and its been one long season!
    Aloha,
    P.Y.S.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I am just now starting to pick up new customers. I did loose most of the customers I picked up over the summer last year and that had me worried a little bit. I had never lost so many customers in one year before but then I remembered that last year was the year from heck with rain every other day all summer long and unbeleiveable crabgrass. This year is turning out to be a dry one and those summer pickups I got last year are deciding to cut their own grass again. I was worried that maybe my quality was starting to slip or something but then I noticed that I was only loosing the customers that I picked up during the monsoon. If they call me again this year they are outta luck, "Sorry, the schedule is full".

6. cst51

cst51 LawnSite Member

DRY.. Skipped 5 lawns already this week. It's August in May here in Indiana.
    Cary

7. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Spring clean-ups have been going really well, and are done. Profit on them has been terrific. Going to start full mowing service this thursday. This has been the latest winter that I can remember in a long time. We have had alot of rain though, which has really gotten the grass growing. I'm sorry to hear about all the dry spots across the country, I hope it stays wet here!

8. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

It's Friday.
    It's hot out.
    Customers suck.
    Employees suck.
    Mechanics suck.
    Accountants suck.
    Lawyers suck.

Recievables up.
    Payables up.
    Cash in hand sucks.

Only people that don't suck and understand the frustration - are the people on this forum.

We'll see what tomorrow brings......

9. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

Mr.Allin,

I think you should take a brake this weekend.Sounds like your overheated.:eek:

Sometimes the sun does that.

Anyway everything here could not be any better.:D

Mike Nelson

10. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

Mowing is slow because of the drought, but irrigation repair and upgrades are keeping the cash flowing. For now. Russ