How's the weather?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AltaView, Jun 19, 2003.

1. AltaView

AltaView LawnSite Member

As of yesterday, we have had 39 consecutive days with no measurable rain:mad: :mad: :mad: . Not much growing happening right now. People are watering like crazy but it is not helping very much. Looks like a new storm front is moving in off the coast and heading this way for the weekend. Hopefully it will not split before it hits us.

What's it like where you are? I know there is some serious rain out there. I will trade a little of the dry we have for a little bit of your rain:) .

Express Lawns
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

As of yesterday, (it seems) we have had 39 consecutive days with measurable rain:mad: :mad: :mad: ;)

3. AltaView

AltaView LawnSite Member

Man, there never seems to be any real happy medium does there?:dizzy:

Express Lawns
  4. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

This is my last week as a full time LCO, and it rained Monday in the afternoon, Tuesday most of the day, yesterday afternoon, and it is raining now and is supposed to rain all day. It's been the rainiest season since I started the business, following the season with the worst drought. Last year there was nothing to mow, now we mow in swamps.
  5. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

It is drying out here in Central MN. Last year didn't miss a cut. Rain to the immediate North and South of me. Must be due to my cussing tantrum last week.
  6. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Dry here as well. I think most of the rest of the state of Michigan has gotten enough rain. Not here. We have had a whopping .7" of rain since May 11 (37 days)

Also compounding our problem is all the sand down 4-5" We have great drainage which can hurt or help us. I can mow after 3" of rain and barely run into a puddle. Then again 1-2 weeks after it stops raining its crispy.

I figure I will be at about 50% next week as far as mowing.

Oh well thank god for season contracts.
  7. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

It's funny a week ago the grass was so long that 40% of the lawns needed to have the clippings dispersed with the back pack blower, now without significant rain soon, 40 % will receive a wave as I drive by.

Grass likes rain, I'm a grass I like rain too.
  8. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

Rain here almost every afternoon.

Anyone care to mud bog?
  9. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

We lost yesterday to rain, but were able to do a large part of yesterday's route today. Everything is just soaking wet, and the forecast is for more rain until Sunday. Oh well, just have to keep going. The strong will survive.
  10. Duncan Lawn Care

Duncan Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Finally getting some rain here!!!!!