How's this 36" for a starter on a tight budget

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Ecoscape01, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

OMG thats a bob cat Ransom classic (the real original!). We started with 2 of those years ago! Awsome little machines. They lasted forever to and cut absolutely awsome! To this day we regret selling them. I say if the machine runs good and operates correctly then you should buy it. With the variable speed tranny it has you can not use a velky on it and thats the only down side to it. also getting parts may prove to be a chore but the machine is so simple and easy to work on it isnt even funny.

3. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

That is exactly what I was looking to hear. Either yes or no and why and you couldn't have put it any simpler for me so Thanks Prostreet:)

4. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

For the price and for your budget I think its a good deal.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This just says something about this machine. It is about 20 years old, and still going. Stuff wears out - like bearings, casters, etc., but so what? The machine is so accessible and yes, there ARE many sources for parts still available. These are like and are in the same caliber as the old Buntons that JD used (I still have one of those - a 1984 model). I would say check it put.