1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hows this business card?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by blake1012, Jan 29, 2009.

1. blake1012

blake1012 LawnSite Member

Just foolin' around.

thoughts, concerns............???

I found the quote a couple years ago....Then i seen someone that has it in their avatar.............Is that stealing? I seriously seen it before here......honestly.

bus. card.jpeg

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I think it looks pretty good, I'm not big on the color on the right side, but that's just my opinion.

3. hseeder

hseeder LawnSite Member

I gotta agree. The color is raly off. You want to use a background that will force you lettering to jump out, if you want to stay with the white picture, you can frame it with a couple colored lines. The color definitely has to go through, nothing jumps and says here I am, you want it easy to read.

I do like the way that you simplify the card though, leaving out any extreme specifics.

I redid mine this year, and actually I am not completely happy with the way they came out, I paid a local company to do them they shrank down the fonts, when they should have removed a line.

My trucks are getting very simple this year, the name, the logo the phone number and web address. No more no less.

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I like it, I agree though about the color, just a little change there would make a difference. I like the art on there.

Question though, Your biz name is Holland Landscape, are you more landscape or mowing/maintenance? Just curious. People often refer to me as a "landscaper" and I usually correct them because I do mowing and maintenance only. Landscaping is a whole different business. Of course then some argue that the term "lawn care" means fertilizing/chemical apps, not mowing/service. So it's obviously anyone's interpertation.

5. blake1012

blake1012 LawnSite Member

Mainly lawn maintenance.

but i do get a good bit of install work.

its a toss up....i also thought about Holland Lawn Care......idk......

6. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I didn't read the other responses, so I apologize if this is redundant:

Dump the quotation marks. They're needless. Make it a slogan, not an uncredited quote.

7. Doug88

Doug88 LawnSite Member

@yahoo.com needs to go

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Just go to vistaprint.com and use theres

it's CHEEP and its 1 less thing you have to do

9. VARMIT COMMISSION

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with vistaprint.com I have got free cards for years. Only pay postage. Its too simple.