1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hows this business card?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by blake1012, Jan 29, 2009.

1. blake1012

blake1012 LawnSite Member

Just foolin' around.

thoughts, concerns............???

I found the quote a couple years ago....Then i seen someone that has it in their avatar.............Is that stealing? I seriously seen it before here......honestly.

bus. card.jpeg

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I think it looks pretty good, I'm not big on the color on the right side, but that's just my opinion.
  3. hseeder

hseeder LawnSite Member

I gotta agree. The color is raly off. You want to use a background that will force you lettering to jump out, if you want to stay with the white picture, you can frame it with a couple colored lines. The color definitely has to go through, nothing jumps and says here I am, you want it easy to read.

I do like the way that you simplify the card though, leaving out any extreme specifics.

I redid mine this year, and actually I am not completely happy with the way they came out, I paid a local company to do them they shrank down the fonts, when they should have removed a line.

My trucks are getting very simple this year, the name, the logo the phone number and web address. No more no less.
  4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I like it, I agree though about the color, just a little change there would make a difference. I like the art on there.

Question though, Your biz name is Holland Landscape, are you more landscape or mowing/maintenance? Just curious. People often refer to me as a "landscaper" and I usually correct them because I do mowing and maintenance only. Landscaping is a whole different business. Of course then some argue that the term "lawn care" means fertilizing/chemical apps, not mowing/service. So it's obviously anyone's interpertation.
  5. blake1012

blake1012 LawnSite Member

Mainly lawn maintenance.

but i do get a good bit of install work.

its a toss up....i also thought about Holland Lawn Care......idk......
  6. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I didn't read the other responses, so I apologize if this is redundant:

Dump the quotation marks. They're needless. Make it a slogan, not an uncredited quote.
  7. Doug88

Doug88 LawnSite Member

@yahoo.com needs to go
  8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Just go to vistaprint.com and use theres

it's CHEEP and its 1 less thing you have to do

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with vistaprint.com I have got free cards for years. Only pay postage. Its too simple.