1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hows this for a business card?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by 1BadHawk, Feb 11, 2005.

1. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk LawnSite Member

I designed a couple different BUSINESS CARDS . Same theme, just a slightly different layout or font.

Im going to work on a some more with totaly different themes. But for now I ve come up with 3 or 4, take a look if you dont mind, and give me your feedback.

2. Doc_2482

Doc_2482 LawnSite Member
    from chicago

they look good !
    i really like the first one on your site.
  3. northmichigan

northmichigan LawnSite Member

i like your choice of pictures in your cards but the lettering of 'perficut' seems out of place. kind of like a jr.high gothic look that doesn't fit the rest of the card. you misspelled a word on the last card. the picture is the theme of the card match all lettering to that theme. use the same lettering thoughout the card.
  4. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

I like the second one, but one suggestion. Cange the color of the text that lists the services to something like a tame orange or yellow. I just find that the aqua blue doesn't go with the other colors.

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

They look good. BTW, edging is spelled "edging" not "edgeing".
    You'd be great with whichever one you choose. I sort of lean more toward 3 or 4 though. I think due to the text font that you used to list your services.
  6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

i completely agree that the font does not work within the context of the rest of the card and prefer 4 for that reason.
  7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Are there palm trees in Glen Burnie? I don't think I'd use the first one. :)

I like the 4th one best.
  8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Much to busy and the font used is way out of place
  9. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

OK....well I feel like playing Devil's advocate today so I will respond. Now those who know me know that I am fair and non-biased and I am willing to help anyone as I can.

So here goes......

I like it.....looks very good.......from a fellow lawncare operator's standpoint.

But, standing back and forgetting that I do this for a living......looking at it from a more customer type point of view........

I probably would not call you.

You look VERY expensive with that card....outta my price range.

I am not trying to make you mad or hurt anyone's feelings.....just thought I would try to look at it more from a customer's point of view as I have been trying to do with everything lately. Sometimes I think we get so gadget happy that we forget the basics and that is where the bread and butter come from.....but that is just my $.02.

I really do like it......but I have to ask myself..."do I like it from a LCO point of view or from a customers?"
  10. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

And exactly what is "grass custting??"