how's this for a price

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bobbygedd, Jun 14, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i have a new client. his property is 2700 sq ft of turf. i priced a crabgrass control, a post weed app, and 2 ferts at $175. he showed me what he paid the last company. it was fert program only. 2700 sq ft. $100 a month, FOR 7 MONTHS! and the place looked horrible

2. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems reasonable. How did you arrive at that amount? Do you have a minimum stop fee and then so much per 1,000 sf.?

3. bobbygedd

from NJ

nope, i just wing it. now, if the person seems like they have a brain, i price competatively. if the customer is elderly, or stupid, i jack up the price. for this particular client. i will visit the site 2 times. once for crab(that contains fert) so this is one crab and one fert. then again for weed n feed(this is weed, and fert). this totals the entire program. 2 ferts, and 2 herbs. it's about $8 worth of product and 20 min total labor.

4. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

you sound quite proud of yourself

5. bobbygedd

from NJ

thank you, my family is also proud

6. Green Dreams

Green Dreams LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

"if the customer is elderly, or stupid, i jack up the price."

That's real nice of you, man...lol

7. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

Where you the guy who stole the foul ball from that little 6 year old boy on the June 15th baseball game that I saw on TV?

8. odorisio

odorisio LawnSite Member

it frankly pisses me off when people take advantage of the elderly

9. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

You sound like an ass.

10. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Bobby, your made up stories have ticked off people when your talking about taking advantage of people and especially elderly.

Looks like you hit your low mark of how far you can go with made up stories.