Hows this for a wrong turn....

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Sweet Tater, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Was heading out to give an estimate today in an area I have no customers yet. Made a wrong turn to go to the house from the back way and my cell phone rings.
    Seems the lady on the corner I just turned saw my truck (with signs on the side) and remembered receiveing one of my mailers I sent out last week. Long story short.. I know have a new customer for the rest of this season and all of next. Won't know about the estimate till tomorrow.

2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Thats pretty cool. Maybe next time I will leave my dads gps at home.:laugh:

3. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Very cool
    Arn't you glad she reconized the truck?

4. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

yes, thats the first time thats happened, but it makes the magnets worth the $$

5. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

That's nice! I had my homemade magnet/s stole so I just made a stencil on poster board and then sprayed with removable paint. It actually looks more pro now and no one has tried to remove it. Although u have to re do it each time u wash your truck. Maybe that's why I've not washed mine in over a month. No calls from the sign yet though, hopefully that will change. Great story!:weightlifter:

6. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

yeah i bought some magnets for my truck and i had got one account and then almost a new one but she called me at the last minute and said that she had some1 in the family that was goin to do it for her, i was pissed but i got over it. however in LA if you advertise on your vehicle and its not registerd as a commercial vehicle and u wreck they will jack ur insurance and other wicked ****. imma still use em when im stationary at a job site.