How's this price sound for a Hustler Demo unit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Travis Followell, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Its a Super Z with a 27 hp Kohler 60" deck and it has the 9 bushel grass collector on it and has 18 hours and comes with the full warranty. They said new it would normally sell for $10,900 but their gonna let us have it for $9800 and we might be able to get them down another hundred or two.

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

My dealer has that unit exactly w/ 50 hours, but minus the grass collection system for $8k.

3. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a decent price i would go for it if i was you....especially if it incluse the 9 bushel grass catcher

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Sound about $1500 - $2000 to high. I would call that price a rip off on a demo machine. In fact, it is high for a new machine.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Travis, are you pulling a Benedict Arnold on us Ferris fans??? :dizzy:

6. JLH

JLH LawnSite Member

I bought a new Super Z 60 / 28 EFI (mower only, no grass catcher for $7750.)

I'll let you decide how the price sounds for a demo.

7. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

$7750 sounds ridiculously low price... like possibly a few hundred dollars off of dealer cost. I paid $9500 for my 28 EFI.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

That's a great price. The best quote I got on any 60" Super Z was $8,199 plus tax.... and that sure wasn't for an EFI model.

9. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

No, I wouldn't do such a thing :D .The only reason we are considering this unit is because its already ready to roll and if we got a Ferris they would have to order the collection system and since they don't have a demo Ferris for sale it would cost a lot more than $9800.

We have had the unit ever since saturday morning demoing it and we love it so far but the grass collector is too small for mowing thick grass. We just plan on using it for leaves and the rest of the year take it off.

10. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

Last October i got a demo hustler super z 60" 27hp with 60 hours on it full warranty for $7,000 plus tax :D