Hows this sound

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mowerdude777, Jul 22, 2009.

1. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I am almost 14 now, and I am getting money for a trailer for my b-day, I will nolonger have to load the 21s and handhelds in my moms van:dizzy:. We are having a hitch installed soon:). I have 4 accounts that we drive to any were from .15 of a acre to half of a acer, 2 of them are on the same street the other 2 are not. Is a 5 by 8 big enough to haul a 48,32,and 21, or should I get something bigger, and is it a good idea to buy it off craigslist.
    Thanks,
    Ryan

2. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

wait a minute im confused! do u have a 48'' and 36''?:dizzy::dizzy: rider or walk behind? your to young to be working, one of this days your gonna be a grumpy old man who everyone hates cuz you worked your entire childhood life?:) im just sayin!

3. mowerdude777

My 48 and 32 are both walkbehinds, I walk to the job site, but word of mouth has gotten out about me, and I have work in 3 diffrient neighborhoods, plus I will mow for family, so I need a trailer. I know I sound young for work, but it is what I like, my busnises is my passion

4. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

set them up on the driveway and take a tape measure and figure out the way you want to place them on the trailer then measure the space they take up

5. mowerdude777

Thats a great idea, I will do that when I have somt time

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

You sound exactly like I was at 14...... Now im a crumpy old man. This business was also my passion when i was a kid. Once this business starting paying my mortgage and all my bills I lost my passion. Now its a job!

7. mowerdude777

I tried this I now think I am best with a 6 by 10 so I can have more space

8. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say go with a 6x10 or 6x12 to give you the most room. That way there you cold have it for a few years if the biz stays the same size. That is a popular size to reselling it would be no problem either. good luck. Put pics on once you get it.

9. mowerdude777

I think a 6 by 10 is best, I will get pics up, I hope to have it by the 7th, my bday is the 2nd

10. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

id get a 20', then you wont have to upgrade!:laugh: