1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hows this sound

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mowerdude777, Jul 22, 2009.

1. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I am almost 14 now, and I am getting money for a trailer for my b-day, I will nolonger have to load the 21s and handhelds in my moms van:dizzy:. We are having a hitch installed soon:). I have 4 accounts that we drive to any were from .15 of a acre to half of a acer, 2 of them are on the same street the other 2 are not. Is a 5 by 8 big enough to haul a 48,32,and 21, or should I get something bigger, and is it a good idea to buy it off craigslist.
    Thanks,
    Ryan

2. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

wait a minute im confused! do u have a 48'' and 36''?:dizzy::dizzy: rider or walk behind? your to young to be working, one of this days your gonna be a grumpy old man who everyone hates cuz you worked your entire childhood life?:) im just sayin!

3. mowerdude777

My 48 and 32 are both walkbehinds, I walk to the job site, but word of mouth has gotten out about me, and I have work in 3 diffrient neighborhoods, plus I will mow for family, so I need a trailer. I know I sound young for work, but it is what I like, my busnises is my passion

4. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

set them up on the driveway and take a tape measure and figure out the way you want to place them on the trailer then measure the space they take up

5. mowerdude777

Thats a great idea, I will do that when I have somt time

6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

You sound exactly like I was at 14...... Now im a crumpy old man. This business was also my passion when i was a kid. Once this business starting paying my mortgage and all my bills I lost my passion. Now its a job!

7. mowerdude777

I tried this I now think I am best with a 6 by 10 so I can have more space

8. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say go with a 6x10 or 6x12 to give you the most room. That way there you cold have it for a few years if the biz stays the same size. That is a popular size to reselling it would be no problem either. good luck. Put pics on once you get it.

9. mowerdude777

I think a 6 by 10 is best, I will get pics up, I hope to have it by the 7th, my bday is the 2nd

10. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

id get a 20', then you wont have to upgrade!:laugh: