How's this spreader?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tthomass, Feb 27, 2007.

1. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like a decent unit. Obviously, from a company advertising salt spreading, I'd imagine it has good corrosion protection. What about price?

If my Lesco disappeared today, I'd be out there tomorrow dropping another $300-$400.:)

3. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you know the price on those? Have you tried Earthway?

4. tthomass

from N. VA

$230-$250 I think.........I can get it for $75. Someone is selling one slightly used.

5. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

LandscaperPro carries a full line of Earthway spreaders. Check them out below:

http://www.landscaperpro.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=89

Don't forget, until the end of Feb. Lawnsite Members recieve an ADDITIONAl 5% OFF any order, just for using "LAWNSITE" as a coupon code when checking out.

Also, our NEW 2007 catalogs are here, you can get a your very own copy FREE, here: http://www.landscaperpro.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=14

Thanks to all of our customers last year, we look forward to serving all of your Landscaping Supply needs this year!

6. Shades of Green LService

Is that for The stainless one? If so,go for it!

7. Shades of Green LService

I only mentioned Earthway, Because they have some halfway descent lower end models. Their pro, or commercial spreaders are REDICULOUSLY OVER PRICED

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Don't know anything about the Meyer spreader, but I have a sneaking hunch that is is not designed for the even calibrated flow required for fertilizers and/or pesticides. Can you say "striping"?

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

10. tthomass

from N. VA

I do landscapes/hardscapes, no mowing. Sometimes part of the landscape is renovating a lawn, aeration, seeding etc.....that I'll do but I don't apply fert and pest on customers properties. Just leaf gro and lime aside from aeration and seeding. I bought the spreader for $65 and will work well for me. Looks to have had a days use and thats it. Even has a stainless shield on it for ice melt applications.