Hows This?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by precisionlawn, Jan 23, 2003.

1. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

This is a rough draft, and the logo at the top will be changed. Other than that any opnions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Oh yeah also thinking of taking the "meet or beat" our competitor out of it. What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

I would take out reference to other company being "too expensive" and the "meet or beat price reference".

Do you want a lot of accounts or do you want to make money (profits, not gross).

If you have to sell on price, you will have problems. What if someone is getting their mowing done for $15, are you going to meet that?

Also, hear from you is misspelled, you spelled it "here" I believe, do a spell check.

Also, the discount is for "hearing from them", change that to a signed contract. The way it reads, if I call you, I will get the discount even if I signed up in May, as long as I called you in March.

Good luck, but I would emphasize service and quality, not price.

PS - Are you licensed for applications, if not, all you can put down is fertilizer, no weed control, etc.

3. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Definately take out the meet or beat competitors prices. You are just asking for 100 little old ladys, who get their lawns done by 12 years olds for $10, to call. Is that really the type of customer you want to target? I agree with bruces. Stress quality service not price.

4. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

I kinda like the 50% off first mowing if you call by March 31st. That gave me an idea I never thought of to try & hurry the process of getting the contracts sent back soon....I may offer $10/off first cut etc...thanks for the idea!!

5. grasskeeper

grasskeeper LawnSite Member

It seems a little too wordy to me. In my opinion, I don't think most people are interested in reading something that is a page long. I have tried this in the past and noticed that I got alot more calls on a much shorter version of a similiar flyer. I would outline your strongest selling points and go from there. There are a couple of real good flyers on this site in the elements of business forum. Good luck. I could be way off on this, just my 2 cents.

6. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the input. I think i will cut it down alittle and focus on my strong points.

7. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

It's terrible.

Don't focus on price to hook them.

Don't give your service away.

At the bottom you used "here" when it should be "hear".

The piece is ordinary and not COMPELLING.

My advice: If you want to snare the sophisticated home owner, put it aside and try a new approach.

Does price have to be so important?

8. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

I actually had a brilliant marketing idea that I detailed in this forum, but it was immediately taken off for being of a commercial nature. I asked for advertising info for this site, got a we'll get back to you message, and never heard anything else. It was a pity you guys couldn't read it.

9. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

the word "scalping'' really bothers me for some reason. could you reword it using ''cut tight'' or something along the lines? i'm just thinking that many homeowners only think of the word ''scalping'' as something negative. just my 2 cents.

10. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

You promise to meet or break any price and all you do is lower the market value for everyone. All your going to get is price shopping non loyal scrounge customers that will jerk you around every chance they get.

They'll be the ones calling to tell you not to cut this week it doesn't need it (it will take you twice as long next week but they don't care you are their low price guarranteed lawn slave).