1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hows your billing and receiving going?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by General Grounds, Jun 24, 2006.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:dancing: i was curious to how long after you send bills how long after do you start to receive checks?

what billing methods do you use?

the reason why i was asking was im billing great numbers and after that initial rush it slows down considerably to a trickle.
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I start getting checks 2 days after We send them out...The it's a steady flow of about 5 checks a day until the end of the month.
  3. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Credit cards on auto bill. due on the 1st, run on the first and money in the bank on the 4th.

check and invoice system. due on the 1st, start recieving checks on the 28th and finish recieving by the 14th except for those who aren't paying that month and need late fees and the like.

credit cards are the way to go.
  4. Need a Little Trim

Need a Little Trim LawnSite Member

I get great response until the second week of the month then its sporadic until the last day. Mail is still slow here in New Orleans so I attribute it to that.
  5. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

95% or so auto credit card on the 1st of the month. The rest or old time account's who send in check's .They are all in within 7 to ten days, with most 2 days after bills go out.
  6. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

all checks have 10 days stipulated on invoice with penalty information also stipulated .those who pay into my account via internet have 2 days to pay i dont usually get probs you never do if you are assertive upon your first meeting
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Some pay asap (so fast it surprises me), most come shortly after that (4-5 days or so), a few 1-2 weeks later and then there's the occasional one who either forgets or doesn't pay whatever the reason, 30 days later they receive a 2nd bill with the note 'prompt payment prevents late fee' for those who are new on board 'prompt payment ensures continued service' for those for whom I have more tolerance.
    Of course I get the odd one who likes to delay the payment until before the next cut is due, this can frustrate as it makes me feel they think I have no clue as to when their grass needs cutting, on the other hand so long they pay before it gets too tall, I could really care less (and if they do wait too long, don't play me for a fool is all I got to say).

Lately I got a few who needed partial cuts... Weird, the only reason I took these truly odd jobs is because things have been slow, but more and more I am learning why the rules exist: Never cut half a yard, all or nothing, and if that can't be done then it can't be done... These people are just playing around, and the game they're playing usually extends beyond the obvious part, as I'm finding out.
  8. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Most of my checks are in within a week after the monthly billing I have one account who is new this year and have not been paid yet (8 mowings and bush trimming) I will not be mowing this week there until payment is made. I will put a mechanics lien on their home if necessary.
    I also accept amex, visa and mastercard which speeds things up some starting this month I will offer email billing with a pay-pal option
  9. Need a Little Trim

Need a Little Trim LawnSite Member

What are some of the credit card companies that you guys use to run your cards for auto billing.
  10. abuckeye

abuckeye LawnSite Member

My checks start comming in a few days after the statements go out. I have only had one POA string me out for about 6 weeks until I called the president and told him. I had my check a few days later.