How's your year so far?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Trinity Lawn Care LLC, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

How is everyone making out so far? How is your pipeline? Are you on course to hit your projections? Are you better or worse than in the past? Has the housing market affected your biz? So far our sales are up this year. I do know of a couple of lco's in my area that are having a very hard time so far this year.

Wishing everyone a successful year!

2. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

Our year has started off in a very difficult position due to the fact that snow removal is our bread and butter from Nov to April and we have had little to no snow, but once we get to mid April well be off and running as Ive got projects booked through may already.

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

The calls have been coming in, especially this week.

4. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

In my area it seems like a normal year for the most part, the exception to this is how many new lcos there is. I saw someone with a brand new honda (cant think of what the heck they are called, not the mini van and not the truck but the small suv) and it was pulling this rinky dink trailer with little itty bitty donut wheels and a bunch of gear.:hammerhead: I also saw a van like on the scooby doo cartoon pulling a trailer. (what was that called the mystery van?) anyway it was all beat up and the guys mowing looked really scary like meth users.:dizzy: No I am not kidding either. Seeing a ton of these guys out there this year. In fact I lost a commercial account that was from one of these type of outfits, they under bid us by quite a bit, told the G.M. I just couldn't compete with that. Oh well win some and you loose some. Hope you all are doing well for the year.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Phone's been quiet this week, probably due to the snow last weekend.

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Bumper year so far and sold two shopping centers yesterday.

7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

so far we are having a record year

8. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Best start yet.
    -Jay

9. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

5 estimates for this morning. Though not at full steam, sales are up over last year so far.

10. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

pretty quiet here need some snow to melt