1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How's your year starting out?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ProCuts Lawn Care, Apr 26, 2014.

1. ProCuts Lawn Care

ProCuts Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Starting this thread just to change things up a bit.

I was wondering how everyone's mow season has started out. good. bad. the same. whatever.

Personally I have gained 32 more clients. Dropped several of my lower value clients and now averaging $42.73 a cut.

About to upgrade to a larger riding mower might go to 60" haven't decided what mower yet.

2. morrisj2

morrisj2 LawnSite Member

I am in Toronto, scarborough. things have picked up in recent weeks but I think I mis judges my flyers and sent them out a month ago.

3. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I started last season with 0 mowing clients. I finished with 20. This year I started with 14. I am up to 25. Things are going well!

4. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

40 new customers and 0$ spent on advertising.

5. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Mowing is pretty goodÂ…averaging $96.33 a cut.

Upgraded from a 36" Scag Walk Behind to a 36" Wright Stander Rapid Height and saw a huge increase in efficiency on the smaller properties.

Installed 10 yards of mulch last week, have 5 this coming week and 15 the week after that.

6. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I have already hit 100k gross and its just end of April not just from mowing. Looks like I'll be buying some new sutff at end of the year or give to Uncle Sam

Only lost one mowing account gained 2 more up to 79

7. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster LawnSite Member

Been a slow start...heck we had 2" of snow a week ago... everyone in my area is behind... lawns are going to need mowing by the end of this week and no one is ready because we're all still on spring cleanup.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Great year so far, small ice storm late December has created a lot of tree trimming. My year is 300% over last year for the 1st quarter and last year was a great year. Will be spending money at the end of the year!

9. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

We have been busy but too many young bucks starting out that have no clue how to price and are driving prices way down. As time goes on though people catch on and realize you get what you pay for.

10. Stone74

Stone74 LawnSite Member

Problem up here in Winnipeg, is the effin snow has just about melted snowed and stayed just 2 days ago....
    Completley booked for clean ups, up 20 clients over last season, next season snow clearing fully booked lol.
    Biggest problem myself and all up here on the prairies are going to have is when can we even get started rain every second day now....most lawns are most likely going to need to be mowed before we can power rake etc as all of a sudden it will be summer temps. Last season we couldn't get started till May 6, just hoping I can start by then again this season.
    Fingers crossed!!
    Posted via Mobile Device