How's your year starting out?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ProCuts Lawn Care, Apr 26, 2014.

1. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

so far so good. Up 210 on the year after cancels. Now its just a matter of replacing the bad seeds I picked up with 2 for every 1 that I lose or fire
  2. nlmct

nlmct LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

im finally gonna start may 8 up to 8 lawns not alot but its good for me
  3. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that with plowing? How many crews/employees?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. Locqus

Locqus LawnSite Senior Member
    from Detroit

^^ Crazy great start to the year by those numbers! I won't hit 100k gross until August lol.
  5. Locqus

Locqus LawnSite Senior Member
    from Detroit

Likewise here in MI. Still wrapping up Cleanups this week and checking the lawns 50/50. Will be starting our first full run next week probably. Tons of rain this week too!
  6. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Really slow start to mowing, but have been busy with clean ups, mulch, and the occasional cut.

Email and phone has been slow so far, only picked up a handful of new customers, and turned down some stuff I wasn't into.

Today has picked up, two emails from customers asking for estimates for services they did themselves last year and a mowing estimate request.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. JeremyKuhn

JeremyKuhn LawnSite Senior Member

Just finished off my first full mowing run last week, I'm up 5 customers from last season. Only had 6 last year and this is my first year actually being licensed so I'm rather happy so far.
  8. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

Season is starting pretty good, lost a couple accounts but up about 11 new ones. Booked up until the end of May for mulching and cleanups. Can't complain, might add a guy or a new truck. Good luck to everyone.
  9. jonnyz37

jonnyz37 LawnSite Senior Member

Some of you guys are talking about picking up a bunch of new customers already this year. One even said with Zero advertising dollars my question Im brand new, with only 7 regular customers. And i spent several hundred dollars to get them. So far im making more from mulch jobs from bandit signs than i am regular grass customers. So guys......what is the key to getting customers? Ive tried door hangers.....craigslist......bandit open to any ideas. And i have a website, but i havent done anything to get it brought up by web searches. Maybe i need to focus there?
    thanks guys
  10. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Going pretty well here, just shy of 100 yards of mulch installed over about 10 places and up around 75 mowing accounts, up about 15 percent over last year. No advertising, all just word of mouth or people seeing my 3 lettered trucks.

First full week of mowing last week, poopy rain this week.
    Posted via Mobile Device