How's your year starting out?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ProCuts Lawn Care, Apr 26, 2014.

1. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Try keeping your phone in your pocket and get noise reduction headaches while working.

If you're landing every estimate you do, your prices are too low. Especially when getting craigslist leads. They often contact a handful of people and shop price only. Nature of the biz, better to make money then have too much work you aren't getting paid enough for.

I try not to get pissed about low balling but it's hard when I give fair market prices and then get beat out by $5 for a half acre lawn.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I lost one by 3 dollars Mowed it for last 7-8 years
    They told me that but wants me still do the Snow and lawn treatments. Since there new mow guy doesn't do snow or Lawn treatments
    I told them Nope if I don't do everything I don't do it.

3. Matt_MapleHill

Matt_MapleHill LawnSite Member

Lost a couple accounts to super low ballers but I guess that's part of the game. Had a great start gaining business so far though. Tons of new mowing
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I can't believe how cold it is. Trying to mow today and the cold just went right to the bone. So our first application is done we have 52 out of 60 clean ups done and were in the middle of our first week of mowing. Going to have 170 accounts this year I down sized a little and no longer have employees. The negative side its a lot of work, the plus side my partner and I will see 15-20k a month after expenses and the overhead is paid. So I am going to be enjoying this year a lot I'm finally getting a real pay check.

5. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

More cold is coming your way Saturday was in shorts now back in paints and a coat
    Tonight here talking low 30s highs for Wed. high 40s

6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

So the two of you are going to do 170 accounts per week. God bless you. You will be burned out by July. The money will be great but you won't have time to enjoy it.

7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

170 accounts for 2 people? What a nightmare! I agree with the above that you are risking burnout:dizzy:
    This year is starting off slooooow for me in the new customer department and I need a lot new ones . Low 50s out there now. Just when you think the chill is gone for good, it returns. Upper 80s by Sunday, but I am sure the chill will be back soon

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  8. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I do 10 yards a day and I feel like absolute crap. 170 a week? You must be a machine.

9. Locqus

Locqus LawnSite Senior Member
    from Detroit

We do 175 with 4 guys and 2 rigs. You guys must run on redbull and wheaties all week!

10. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Correct me if I'm wrong but the both drive a truck. So 18 a day for each of them.

I agree 100% with them getting burnt out but I guess well see
    Posted via Mobile Device