How's your year starting out?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ProCuts Lawn Care, Apr 26, 2014.

1. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster LawnSite Member

How's everyone's season going? Little bit of a rant...bought a 2nd truck and 2 weeks later it needed a new power steering pump, new hydro lines, new coolant lines for oil and tranny. Then the other day my guy blew the tranny out and so now this $2500 truck has turned into about $4000. New mowers work great though! Hahah always an upside to new equipment vs old.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Locqus

Locqus LawnSite Senior Member
    from Detroit

^^ True. Bought one early this year as well, that I knew needed about a 1k of work. Already sunk 3k into it so far. She runs great though, for now.

Busy season. Still tight with cash flow problems we are fixing. Locqus is helping the crews out a lot, but still calling the slow payers and keeping up on who we are cutting off week to week. Schedules got ALOT better. Weeding out the bad customers and being picky with new ones.
  3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Whelp it's July no burn out here. I'v had my issues but they aren't mowing related. I just forgot how much I hate doing mulch work. So I will plan on reducing that significantly in following years. The real shock is the bank account numbers. In the past we would struggle to find money for a new piece of equipment but its not the case now 10k for a new spreader or dump trailer hardly warranted a second thought last month. So dropping the employees was the best decision we have made in the last decade.
  4. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats! I was wondering how you were holding up. Still trucking here. I've turn down thousands dollars of work this year just to keep me sane. Now that it's going to dry up I did take on a 10 yards of mulch job but that's about it. Vacation is coming up next weekend and I'm pretty pumped about it.
    Posted via Mobile Device