Hp and Z100 prices for 2004?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasssin, Mar 13, 2004.

1. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Now am interested in getting either a

Exmark Hp 21kawi or 20 kohler with 48" deck

or the Toro Z100 with 52" deck with the same engine choices..

What are they priced as for this year?

Thanks

2. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

the hp you are looking at will cost you about 7000.00

3. grasssin

10-4

what about the Toro's?

4. dem

dem LawnSite Member

I just got a price on a Toro 52" 19hp Kaw of 5800 + tax.
    Seems reasonable. But going up to the 23 kaw brought it up to 6800 + tax.

5. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

I was informed by my Toro / Exmark dealer that they will be coming out with a fabricated deck on the Toro 100 series in 05 or possibly later this year, if it is the same design as the deck on the 500 series you might want to wait..

BobR

6. dem

dem LawnSite Member

Yeah, my dealer told me he had just spoken with his rep and the new deck would be out around June.
    Problem is I am stuck with a POS residential tractor and need a new machine. Not sure I can cut another 2 months waiting for the new deck....

7. BobR

DEM - Talk to your dealer maybe he would cut you a deal on a 153 with the SFS stamped deck (I ran mine for 4 years without any problems whatsoever).

BobR

8. grasssin

well what is the difference in a fabricated deck and the one the Z100 comes with now?

9. BobR

GRASSIN -- LCO's here seem to prefer the 'fabricated deck' which as the name suggests is a deck made out of individual pieces which are welded together - very heavy and strong. Deck found on the Toro Z100 series is 'stamped'. A sheet of steel is pressed between two molds to make it, then extra pieces are welded into place for rigidity - much lighter and not as strong as the 'fabricated' style.
    Toro calls it's stamped deck a 'SFS' (super flow system) because it is excellent at ejecting the grass clippings.

BobR