1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

HP or CT or Jazzer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Enforcer, May 30, 2007.

1. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

It's becoming the time to get a new mower. I have a dilema. I could buy either one of these great mowers. A Jazzer (Schweiss) Terra-Pro 51" w/ a 19 Honda. The thing is built like a tank, and someone thought very long about the design of it, smartly designed. All that for about $6,000. Then, I have Exmark. I am waiting for some price quotes from my dealer on these two models. Lazer Z CT w/ a 18 BVG w/ a 48" deck w/ mulch kit and a Lazer Z HP w/ a 50" deck w/ a 19 KAW w/ a mulch kit. Lazer Z CT owners, do you like your mowers? Do you have any complaints about them? HP owners, do you love your mowers? I want to make the right descision on the mower. All your help is appreciated!
  2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Of the mowers you listed I would choose the hp hands down without a second thought.
  3. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

What size deck and engine do you have on your hp?
  4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

take a look at Ferris.... I have the eXmark ad series 52" and I wish I had seen the ferris before I purchased..... the Exmark is a wonderfull machine... but Ferris has shocks on it and it's a much nicer ride....
  5. Pumper

Pumper LawnSite Member

Unless they are from Minnesota, you probably won't get a lot of comments on the Jazzer. It is built in south central MN (Jackson). They are well built. I looked at them at some shows. There was a lot of thought that went into the making of this. This is a much heavier machine that either of the Exmarks. A lot of it will come down to the dealer support and to what you want to do with the mower. I think you would be okay going either way.
  6. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

go with the Exmark HP.... hands down.....