1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by accuratelawn, May 5, 2002.

1. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am considering a Lazer hp 48. Can this unit be order with a 23 Kohler? I know it is not listed with this engine, but I am going to used the ultra vac and what more to run it.
    If this can't be done, why. The 52 hp has that option.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Unfortunately the 48" is not available with the 20 hp Kohler. The real reason it is not always comes down to demand. Thus far I am only aware on your and one other request for more power on the 48" unit. The other guy was also looking at the UltraVac.

Truthfully you don't really need that much more power to run the vac. With the vac design it pumps mostly air and not debris so it doesn't use that much horsepower. The 20 actually gets pretty good scores in customer satisfaction. My suggestion would be to demo one. I think you'll find that if your running out of power it's because of the cutting conditions rather than anything else. Remember the deck can only process so much grass and then you need to slow down to maintain the cut.

Then again, I think Fred may still have a BB Chevy lying around.

3. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Why not just get the 52" HP. I did and I know that I am happy that I have that extra 4 inches of deck for trimming, and for over all cutting qaulity. Then you could get your 23 kohler and be a very happy man.
  4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

hmm terry, you replied about the 20 kohler but he was asking about a 23... you said the 20 kohler isn't available on the 48, did you mean the 23 isn't and the 20 is? i say go for the extra 4 inches of cutting and get a little better deck overlap for less trimming. the 52 deck sticks out past the tires... i think the 48 is right in line with the tires outer edge.

when's fred gonna hook me up with that BB chevy for my 36? lol
  5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

That's called typing and not proof reading when you are done. A nasty habit I've developed as of late. Good catch Mike. The 20 IS avaialable on the 48" while the 23 is NOT.

6. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

no problem! i'm usually the one creating my own confusion so i thought i'd just help clarify the availability. i'm an expert on screwing up! :D
  7. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

Accuratelawn. I would go for the 52''. I have a 48'' with a 21 hp kaw. It cuts great runs great but I've become frustrated with the lack of accessories. Nothing is made for the 48'' no stripper no director nothing. I would get the 52'' if I had it to do over.